Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, pending availability of funds, until the end of the academic year 6/30/2017.
The Equipment Funding program provides matching support for the purchase of major equipment that is not currently available at the campus level and will be shared by several faculty members from different departments and schools. Purchase of the equipment should increase the likelihood of external funding. Proposals must demonstrate a dollar for dollar match from the school, department or unit.
- All full-time tenure-track faculty having an appointment of Assistant Professor and above are eligible to apply.
- Faculty in visiting ranks and research scientist ranks are not eligible.
FUNDING AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
- Project funding may not exceed $50,000.
- A 1:1 cash match must be documented in a letter of support from the school, department or unit.
- Funds will not be granted if similar equipment is currently supported by other internal or external funding mechanisms at the campus or university level.
- A detailed plan is required explaining how the equipment will support ongoing research and contribute to securing new external funding.
- A vendor’s itemized quote for the equipment must be included.
Application sections include:
- Cover page
- Budget and justification to include vendor quote
- Research plan not to exceed three pages
- References cited
- Biosketch not to exceed five pages, include funding history
- Letters of support from collaborators and department chair or Dean to include match commitment
Apply to this program through the InfoReady portal. Download the Guidelines and Application. Applications are to be submitted as one pdf file.