International Research Development Fund (IRDF)
Deadline: November 1
The IRDF grant enhances the international research and scholarly activity focus of the IUPUI academic mission. Generally, the IRDF grant serves as venture capital to stimulate additional funding for international research and scholarly activity, which have strong potential to generate indirect cost recovery from extramural sources.
- All full-time faculty within a unit located on the Indianapolis campus are eligible to apply.
- Visiting and associate faculty members and post-doctoral fellows are not eligible.
FUNDING AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
- Projects will be limited to one (1) year in duration.
- Faculty salaries will not be funded through this mechanism.
- Funds will not be granted for a project currently supported by another internal funding mechanism.
- An investigator may not serve as PI on more than one proposal in a given round, and may apply for only one category.
A. International Research and Scholarly Activity Program Initiation: up to $15,000 to support international research and scholarly activity program initiation efforts, not maintenance of existing international programs. New initiations as well as existing partnerships adding new components will be considered.
B. Small International Research and Scholarly Activity Travel Grant: up to $3,000 for travel necessary to initiate new partnerships activities. Preference given for travel to key international partner institutions.
C. Supplement for Residence at Key Partner Institutions in Support of Research and Scholarly Activity: up to $5,000 generally in the form of a sabbatical or grant supplement to encourage and oversee partnership activities, visits, exchanges, while in residence.
D. School or Department Internationalization: up to $5,000 to a department or school to spend a year developing a comprehensive internationalization plan supporting research and scholarly activity, in collaboration with the Office of International Affairs and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
E. Innovative Use of Technology for Internationalization: up to $5,000 to faculty for making use of interactive video or various web platforms to advance the internationalization of research or the classroom.
Application sections include:
- Cover page
- Budget and Justification
- Research Plan not to exceed five pages
- References cited
- Biographical Sketch or CV not to exceed five pages, include funding history
- Letters of support from your department chair and collaborators
- IRB, IACUC, and/or IBC forms if applicable
- Reviewer comments to prior IRDF application if applicable
Apply to this program through the InfoReady portal. Download the Guidelines and Application. Applications are to be submitted as one pdf file.